Cooling mint and fragrant jasmine pearl green tea, can be quickly made as iced tea.
Jasmine Pearl Mint Tea
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tbsp jasmine pearl tea
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- a few drops of honey (optional)
- Bring water to a boil, sit for 1 minute so it is not too hot for brewing.
- Pour hot water over mint leaves, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add jasmine pearls and let it steep for 1-2 minutes. Make sure to steep tea leaves after mint because herbs normally take longer time to release the essence, while green tea leaves can get too bitter in longer steep.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir and strain to serve.
- You can flavor with honey if sweetness is desired.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or add ice cubes for a quick iced tea. Serve chilled with mint leaves garnishing.